Monday, May 28, 2012

Goals for Week 2

I already posted my last week, so feel free to take a look at it.

For Week 2, I'm keeping the same goals as Week 1. I will exercise 5 times this week. I will drink a minimum of 2 ½ bottles of water. (Each of my bottles is 4 8oz glasses). 

This week, I’m adding a schedule. I think it’s important to be organized and have a schedule to follow. The last few weeks, I’ve not had a schedule, so I’ve been all out of sorts. I’ve ended up staying awake until 6am or so in the morning, then sleeping to 1pm in the afternoon. It is my natural tendency to stay up late; I have always gravitated towards this. Maybe when I get out of school, I’ll get a job that will be in the evening or overnight. As for now, I need to have a more “normal” schedule. I’m going to write it out and do what I can to follow it this week. I know the sleep cycle will be a bit difficult to change, but I can get started this week, and continuing on next week (and thereafter). Eventually my body will get used to the change.  

As far as organization, I have a program that I really love to use. It is called cozi. There is a website and an app to go along with it. This keeps a family calendar (it can list activities for individual people or for the whole family), to do lists (which you can customize, such as one for each person) and shopping lists (which you can organize any way you like, such as by store). These are the features I use, but there are others. You can have a journal, message the family and plan out your weekly meals (maybe we should start using that one!) Now, there are only two of us, but I really like that we can both see all the information on our computers or our phones. My fiancĂ© does a lot of the shopping, and when we run out of something, I just add it to the list, and he knows what to pick up while he’s there. Each person logs in with their own email address, and a common password.  

I also like for the house to be organized. I've been taking the school break to go through some things. I'm cleaning out closets, dressers and the garage. It has been a lot of work but I feel so much better. We have a few large boxes of things to go donate! I feel that things run more smoothly when the house is more organized. We both have our own little things we are OCD about – lol (he hates lots of shoes by the front door, and I have to have the linens all folded pretty in the closet). With only two adults though, things stay pretty picked up most of the time. I'm lucky to have a great guy who is organized and tidy. He does not mind to help out! I would encourage you to do some “spring cleaning” and get rid of stuff you don’t use or need anymore. It really feels good to purge some of the junk from your life! 

How did you do on your goals last week? What were they? What were some things you did to help motivate yourself and what were some obstacles you faced? 

I am not a doctor, and this is just information I am figuring out for myself, so I would suggest talking to your doctor before starting any program.

No comments:

Post a Comment